Now that I’ve written reviews for all books read during the first half of 2010 it’s time for the favorites list! This list is composed of all books read regardless of publication date since only 8 of the 26 books read by the end of June were published this year. I’ll probably do a list of both at the end of the year since I expect that number to climb due to the number of books on the review pile for later this year that I really want to read. Plus I’m on my eleventh book published this year now.
It has been a fantastic reading year so far – much, much better than the first half of last year was. I’ve discovered some great new authors who dominate the top of my list.
This list does not include the two books I’ve read so far this month – if it did, one of them would definitely be on it. Favorites of the first half of the year are as follows:
1. The Queen of Attolia by Megan Whalen Turner (Review)
2. Magic Strikes by Ilona Andrews (Review)
3. Magic Bleeds by Ilona Andrews (Review)
4. The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms by N. K. Jemisin (Review)
5. Naamah’s Kiss by Jacqueline Carey (Review)
6. Changeless by Gail Carriger (Review)
7. A Local Habitation by Seanan McGuire (Review)
8. World’s End by Joan D. Vinge (Review)
9. Mirror Dance by Lois McMaster Bujold (Review)
10. Bone Crossed by Patricia Briggs (Review)
What are your favorite books read in 2010 so far?