It’s finally here – the new site! Although I’m a little sad (and a little nervous) about leaving the old one behind, I do love the new header image my husband made for this one. But it has been over 3 years since I’ve had the other one now and it’s time for a change.
If you have any feedback or suggestions for the new site, please let me know! My husband and I have tested this one in several different browsers and are hoping it will be a little friendlier to a wider variety of browsers and computers than the old site.
A few pieces of business to attend to first:
- The posts and comments from the old site were imported here, but I did notice that occasionally there was a comment that didn’t get moved for some reason. Content from the old site was imported before October 3, which means all posts from that point forward had to be entered here manually and do not have comments.
- Depending on which RSS subscription option you were using, you may need to re-subscribe. There is a link under “Follow” on the top right for the new one.
- If you happen to link have a link on your site to Fantasy Cafe, please update the URL to http://www.fantasybookcafe.com. And thank you to everyone who does link to my site!
As a tradeoff for my nervousness in leaving the Blogger behind, this WordPress install has a ton of new toys to play with! Some you’ll notice and some you won’t, but here are a couple of examples:
- Fantasy Cafe is now much more friendly to mobile users! A mobile version of the site loads with an iPhone-like interface that is easy to read on small screens.
- Disqus integration provides a cleaner and more advanced commenting system. You can now log in to comment using your Open ID, Facebook, Twitter, Disqus, or Yahoo! account (or no account at all as a guest).
- Though it has existed for a while, there is now a link to Fantasy Cafe’s Facebook page along with all the other follow options on the upper-right corner of the page.
- Some new layout widgets like hidden spoiler sections and a bookbox template – which you might think just looks nice, but building it out as a template shortcode saves me a lot of time when I’m trying to format my reviews.
- …and more to come, once we figure out if the new site has any kinks that need working out!
I hope those of you who visit will continue to stop by even though I have moved! Thanks to everybody for a great first four (almost) years, I’m looking forward to many more!